Thursday 13 November 2008

I'm all done

Five years ago I came to ALC to find out if what people said about me being a pastor was true. As a high school dropout I came fearing the study. How could I do everything required of me? How do you write an essay? Am I going to last the distance? 

For the first year I told God that if you want me to be a pastor you are going to have to help out, big time! Surprise, surprise, I liked my studies and found that God not only helped me but I was better at study than I ever thought possible. St Paul expresses it in this way:

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 3:20

Praise be to God for helping me and growing me into the man to whom the church says "we will ordain you Adrian." I give my deepest thanks to all those people who have helped me along the way with encouraging words, a listening ear, money, and for being a friend when I needed you most. You probably don't even know that you helped me, but thank you. 

Now begins the process of buying furniture, finding a removalist, buying a car and saying good bye to the place and people that have been a pivotal part of my life for the last five years. 

And a new adventure is just about to begin.

Blessings
Adrian

2 comments:

Rachel Esther said...

I think I will call you Pastor-Elect - like the presidents - going to be but not quite.

So proud of you!

xo

Effie said...

Happy Birthday a couple days late... (I'm Rebecca's sister)