Wednesday 4 June 2008

Going home

I arrived back in Australia 3 weeks ago, but I haven't seen my family yet. So with the long weekend coming up I am going to my parents farm at Edenhope, Victoria.

Going back to the farm connects me the years I spent farming between leaving school and studying at Sem. 'You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy.'

Being on the farm recharges my batteries like nothing else can. I am looking forward to sitting in the same room as my family, driving around the farm looking at the cows and calves, and getting my hands dirty doing whatever it takes. Being a city boy these days I love going home to the farm: there is no traffic noise and the water smells and tastes like water. Not like a shower cleaning product!

I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Enjoy your long weekend (sorry Canucks)

Adrian

No comments: